Saturday, April 5, 2014

2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge……….5th of 26 Pet Peeves


My Pet Peeve for the Letter E

E is for Ego



"Big egos are big shields for lots of empty space."

~Diana R. Black~
 
We've all dealt with a friend, neighbor, co-worker or boss with a big ego. While people with big egos seem confident and even intimidating on the outside, they're most often caused by low self-esteem and a lack of confidence inside. I’ve had more than a few people over the course of my time that have had huge egos making life for others including myself a living hell. I guess it all depends on the person's attitude toward compliments. Of course compliments give you confidence but it's up to the person who gets complimented to decide how to react. Some let the compliments go to their head and soon believe that they are better than anyone else.
A few years back I worked at a place where a co-worker had very love self-esteem so of course we all tried to boost their self-confidence when we could. Maybe it was our fault but after while this person began to think they were better than anyone else and even started running over others in order to get ahead. They began to feel better about themselves but also began to think they WERE better than everyone else.
My how the ego expands when one does not keep it in check!

 
 
 

5 comments:

Sally @ Breaking Cover said...

Love your A-Z. So far I share your peeves. Feel like rant coming on so better stop there.

LittleCely said...

What a great idea for a theme! Hi, new visitor here. I sometimes find big egos amusing, but when they start to make life difficult for me then they are nothing but annoying.

LittleCely blogs at LittleCely's Blog.

Kim Van Sickler said...

Ego in moderation is good. But I think a healthy to big ego might come in handy for a writer, because a confident writer won't take no for an answer. That writer will believe that they are worthy of being published too.

Andrea said...

Great theme!!!! Gotta go check out a-d

J.Day said...

Oooh, this is an excellent theme!

Stopping by from A-Z.

http://theramblingsofcharliebrown.blogspot.com