Tuesday, April 29, 2014

2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge……….25th of 26 Pet Peeves


My Pet Peeve for the Letter Y
 

Yawning is part of being alive. It’s either a sign of boredom or a sign of being tired. It’s just the way we are, just like sneezing, burping or farting. Usually IF one is being polite they well say excuse me of bless me when the burp, fart or sneeze. What really ticks me off is the ones that like to let everyone within a 500 foot radius know they are yawning. They let out this loud almost obscene sound as they stretch their arms wide and most times they never cover their mouths! It is then that this sound becomes contagious. Once the first person emits this loud sound, the rest of us follow suit it’s just the way it goes. I find once I have that first yawn it’s like I am over-come with a case of the yawns. I didn’t start out sleepy but when the yawns begin to blanket the office I just want to curl up and have a nap.
 

1 comment:

Keebles said...

Since I have asthma, I yawn a lot (it's not just a sign of tiredness, but a sign of lack of oxygen), but I'm super self-conscious of it and try to control it because drama yawners (as I call them) drive me batty as well!