Saturday, April 26, 2014

2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge……….23rd of 26 Pet Peeves


My Pet Peeve for the Letter W
 

 
Weddings are always a wonderful event to attend. The wedding ceremony is always beautiful and heartfelt. Unless you are totally against getting married I don’t know one person who doesn’t like to attend a wedding. What really irks me is when people bring their unruly children to such a wonderful event and let them run wild. The bride is supposed to be the star of this event with the groom running a close second, but sometimes the unruly children steal the spotlight from this happy couple and decide to scream, cry, kick and run amuck while the “I do’s” are being said. There is nothing more irritating then trying to listen to the heart felt vows while a child or children are acting up. I’m not saying all children act up, but hells bells, if you know your child will not sit through the ceremony then parents should leave their children with a trusted friend while the ceremony is taking place and then go to pick them up afterwards if they want them to be part of this special day.



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. We are scheduled to attend the wedding of a niece in a couple of weeks which means we are flying international to attend. In our 'family' it is not the children who need supervision it is my husband's sisters, of which there are seven. Weddings and funerals, in this family, are rife with arguments and one-upmanship. Over the years, being the only sister-in-law, I have learned to be content on the sidelines and gather content for a blog post. Is that naughty or wise? Excellent post. :) I am visiting from the April A-Z Challenge

Anonymous said...

I used to get so annoyed whenever a crying baby or misbehaving child would interrupt an important event, especially something like a wedding or stage play. Now that I'm the father of a rambunctious little firecracker I'm the one begging them to behave and turning beet red when everyone stares at us! :/

The Pedestrian Writer visiting from the A to Z blogging challenge

Mars said...

Hiya

What a great theme for the A to Z challenge, I've only just discovered your blog on my blog hop this morning as I am randomly crusing the list now.

Hope to come back and read more later...

Great pet peeve, I think it's one a lot of us share. My husband and I were lucky to be married outdoors and the children who attended were allowed to roam around (as were the adults/dogs) and actually they all sat watching... which their parents were amazed/relieved by. But I think if we had known if any of them were prone to really bad misbehaviour we probably would have asked our friends to find a baby sitter for that part of the ceremony!!

Mars
Curling Stones for Lego People