Tuesday, April 22, 2014

2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge……….19th of 26 Pet Peeves


My Pet Peeve for the Letter S
 

The Selfie….defined in today’s society as a person who takes pictures of themselves in any way possible, usually by their cell phone cameras. It seems like everyone is getting in on becoming a selfie from the President of the United States to famous actors and actresses. It’s not a bad thing and I feel it’s actually nice to see famous people act more like one of us instead of being stuck up and snotty, but there IS a limit.
 
 

My own daughter has been dubbed as the Queen of selfies. Every chance she gets, any place she is she will take a selfie and post it on Facebook. Now she is a very beautiful young lady but the selfies do not do her justice. All those duck faced kissing the air selfies are beginning to take over the pages of Facebook, and not just my daughter. It really is
irritating to log on and so many selfie pictures.

.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Too funny! I personally just dislike the word 'selfie'. Ick. Too much like "selfish". Glad to "meet" you via the A to Z blogging challenge!

Helen Baggott said...

That made me smile. Just because we can take a 'selfie' doesn't mean we should! I don't understand the phenomenon.

Andrea said...

hee hee hee!

Anonymous said...

My daughter constantly takes selfies and it drives me bananas! I have spent my entire adult life trying to stay out of photos and she has taken thousands of herself, looking practically right up her nose. I don't get it.