Tuesday, April 15, 2014

2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge……….13th of 26 Pet Peeves


My Pet Peeve for the Letter M
 

M is for Medicine Cabinet Snoopers

My door is always open to family and friends and I really do enjoy having the rooms of my house filled with fun, laughter and the B.S tales that always seem to happen. To me that’s what makes life so good! I do have a pet peeve with the people who snoop where they shouldn’t. Anyone can help themselves to tea, coffee, a cold drink or snacks if I have them on hand. The only place that is off limits besides my bedroom is my medicine cabinet. I know we are all curious by nature, but it is said the curiosity killed that cat. That may not be true but if one is caught snooping one might wish they were that cat. I know damn well certain ones that come to my house are the preverbal snoopers so I set a small trap to try and dissuade them from this nosey habit.
 

I was watching a talk show one day and this was one of the topics so I was very interested in seeing what was said. One of the co-hosts said he cured a medicine cabinet snooper by setting a trap. I listened very closely and since my bathroom is on the main floor I knew he had a good idea so I decided to try it. This little trick works like this….

First, place a note inside the cabinet saying something like…”caught ya!”  Then, being very careful place a marble just inside the medicine cabinet making sure it is close enough to the edge before you close the door. When someone goes to open the cabinet the marble will fall and clank against either the sink or the counter when it falls. This in turn will make a noise startling the nosey person and letting them know they have been caught after seeing the note. It is funny when they come out of the bathroom with a rosy embarrassed look on their face trying NOT to look at me. I just smile and say nothing since the note said it all.
 

5 comments:

Afshan Shaik said...

Thats an interesting theme and thats a brilliant tip. I wish I can ward off many nosy ppl in my life like this. Loved this one
- dropping by from A to Z -http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.in/

Nana Prah said...

Lol. That's a good one. May have to try it for those nosy medicine cabinet peepers. Why do they need to go in there in the first place?
Nana Prah

The Daily Bern said...

I hate that too! Love your theme! Shawn from Laughing at Life 2

Rhonda Parrish said...

I've heard of people filling medicine cabinets (through convoluted means) with marbles so when someone opens them a waterfall of marbles falls to the ground, but one marble seems a much more reasonable (and doable) option to me :)

We don't have a medicine cabinet in our bathroom, so I guess snoops just have to look elsewhere LOL

Helen Baggott said...

I didn't know people did that...