Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Just checking in


Last weekend was the first long weekend of the summer season and boy was it a nice one for a change. The nights were still pretty chilly but with a warm campfire it made things so much better! The laughs and jokes filled the night as we watched neighbourhood fireworks filling the skies. 
The next day it was off to Port Dover to have the first arbor dog and peach glow of the season.

I browsed the little shops and I was good. I never bought anything……..this time. I might not have bought anything, but I did run across a sign in a shop that I just had to have. I didn't buy it, but since I had my camera on me I took a picture. :) I’ll leave the Port Dover purchases to the end of summer when I go with a dear friend to end off the summer.
(This goes very well with one of the questions I had to answer in order to accept the Liebster Award!)

Last Friday I was kind of taken back by a weird looking rainbow that could be seen. There hadn’t been any rain, yet this appeared out of nowhere. I guess Mother Nature can be filled with more surprises than just the change in weather. I didn't have my camera on me but my daughter was able to catch this sight on her phone.
I have my new fountain up and running and it's so nice to be able to sit on the deck and hear the trickle of water. It really does remind me of the sound of a small creek. That's kinda cheesy to say but hey what can I say? I have cheesy moments at times :)

This coming weekend is going to be a busy one since we have finally made the decision to build a wooden privacy fence down the one side of the yard. At this point it’s just a plain ole chain link fence, but since I love sitting outside first thing in the morning to have my coffee, I want a bit more privacy than what I have right now. I also bought some plants that I am eager to plant, but until the fence is up they will stay on the kitchen counter. Saturday is the day Curly, Larry and Moe along with another pair of hands will begin this project. With any luck there won’t be too many Band-Aids given out. As for me, I’ll be sitting there watching with a supply of Tim Horton’s coffee beside me on the deck table.
(A picture of the chain link fence soon to be replaced)
 
(Will post the after picture when complete)

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

That's one nice looking fountain. Enjoy your summer.

JoJo said...

When we put up our fence out west, I went over and told the neighbours it was nothing personal. I felt bad. lol Love that cloud rainbow!