Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Letter I


I is for Individuality

All greatness of character is dependent on individuality. The person who has no other existence than that, which he partakes in common with all around him, will never have any other than an existence of mediocrity. (Quote by - James F. Cooper)
 
I must admit that there for a while I misplaced my own individuality in order to be accepted by a few. It’s a lesson in life that I think we all learn and the final lessons can be very hurtful. I became someone I really didn’t like and all for the sake of feeling as though I belonged. The hurt I had to feel opened my eyes to the fact that all that were in this so call “select” group lacked their own character and individuality since they all spoke as one when in a group yet cussed and complained in private because they did not like what was said or done. But enough of that I am now back to being me. I say what I feel and I keep company with those who are not afraid to be themselves and who also accept others for having their own individuality.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

I've never been afraid to be myself, even though it meant teasing and taking a lot of crap from classmates as a kid. But I just really don't care what other people think about me. It's not important.

Trisha said...

Yep, we should be proud to be who we are - individuals. :) I am personally quite a fan of my own "odd"ness. hehe

Annis Cassells said...

It's pretty typical that folks, especially girls and women, lose their individuality at times in their lives. When, and if, we wise up, we reclaim ourselves and the person we were always meant to be. Congratulations on getting back to YOU. xoA

Rosie Amber said...

Hi there, just popping by to give you support from the AtoZ Challenge, I've set up a link to your blog in my post today,
http://wp.me/p2Eu3u-iK