Monday, January 9, 2012

Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right.

Well so far this brand new year has been good. Oh I know, it’s only 9 days into it, but hey, for me, 9 days is a milestone. The weather has been rather different and some days I can honestly say it’s been downright enjoyable. Yes “Old Man Winter” is going to rear it’s ugly head sometime, but for now I’m just going to enjoy the small amount of sunshine and yes, even the rain while I can. It’s a lot better than envisioning the sound of shovels scrapping off snow and ice from the walkways or the rumbling of snow blowers as they shoot snow out the machine gun like cannon. I am having a wee little problem when it comes to having a very rambunctious Golden Retriever who will find any small patch of dirt and manage to coat his entire body with mud and then expect to be let into the main area of the house as though nothing was wrong. He gives me that “sad, I’m sorry look” and that in turns sends the guilt racing through me as I block him in the MUD room. Ah the joys of owning a dog!


One of my New Years resolutions was that I was not going to blog about my work any more. I had a chance to look back over my old blogging posts and realized that wasting my time and energy worrying about something that I have no control over was not very productive, so…………… no more work blogs, unless there is something really good that has happened. Then and only then will I rip the tape off my hands and let my fingers do the telling. Until that time my fingers will refrain from boring everyone with the same old thing over and over again.

Friday morning I went to get my hair done and what a wonderful laugh filled 2 hours I had. There were times when I was so glad I was sitting because good lord I would have pee’d my pants. So many jokes and a few memories of people’s vacations were told that I’m sure the laughter was heard through the closed doors and windows. I have gotten to know the woman that does my hair on a more personal level and we have connected in many avenues of our lives. What can I say? Sometimes a Hairdresser can be a friend as well as sounding board. She’s heard me gripe about work, co-workers and home life and has extended her hand and shoulder on more than one occasion. This is the kind of Salon where one is offered a tea or coffee while having their locks trimmed, dyed, styled or streaked so…….. with dryers going, scissors snipping and laughter galore, it was the quickest 2 hours that I have spent in a long time!


Always remember this my dear friends.......

All the things we really like are either immoral, illegal or fattening.

No comments: