Friday, November 4, 2011

Just checking in......

Time seems to slip away when you don’t pay attention and pay attention I have not. It’s been a bit since I have blogged and that’s because of a few different reasons all rolled into one. I have literally thrown myself into my own personal writing to escape the reality of life for a bit. Oh don’t be thinking that I’m down and depressed, feeling the ho hum of things. It’s just a few things decided to stack themselves hap hazardly onto my shoulders sending my balance off kilter a teeny little bit. But I AM woman and one can STILL hear me roar.

Definition of RENOVATE
transitive verb
1: to restore to a former better state (as by cleaning, repairing, or rebuilding)
2: to restore to life, vigor, or activity

I have no one to blame except myself for the renovations that have been happening in the house, BUT if I have to testify in court my defence will be guilty by the reason of insanity. It all began because I said I wanted one door blocked in and before I knew it the other half decided to investigate further into what was behind the 60’s paneling and 80’s wall paper on all the dinning room walls. Now, I know sometimes my thoughts are a wee bit warped, but a man really should not stand on a ladder unprotected while a woman who has not been having a good day as a floor full of MAN tools at her disposal. Oh the thoughts of an opened wall, 2x4 wall studs, rolls of plastic and insulation sure made the light bulbs go off. (Don’t worry; my walls are body part free….so far). Seriously though, renovations can be exciting, well they start out exciting but before long the stinging retorts and rather loud cussing begins to ring out, especially when one is bent over on the floor while the other half is hap hazardly ripping off 60 year old gypsum board and a huge piece drops on ones head. The resounding chuckles coming from the top of the ladder certainly didn’t aid in the more than painful goose-egg that began to appear on the back of ones head. Anyway, the last screw has finally been placed into the last remaining sheet of drywall so at least I do not feel as though I am living in a shanty. As for when the mudding, tapping and sanding will begin is another thing. I’ll certainly let everyone know when the buzzing of the sander and the loud hum of the shop vac begins to echo through the house…..if a certain one is lucky enough to….well I’ll not comment further as anything I say may be held against me.
Now on the work front; can everyone say ‘The Mickey Mouse Club”? I’m finding most happenings rather humorous lately. I’ve stated enough times on how flakey my new Supervisor is and I stand by those statements. Over the months since she has taken “The Big Desk” I have seen many things that have just made me silently chuckle. There is nothing I can really do except sit back, watch quietly and smile as I do my job. The gossip way back was that this person would not stay long in her reign of power, yet she still sits at the “Big Desk”. I guess that goes to prove that people should never believe gossip. (lol) I THINK I have learned how to keep out of her way and so far it has been working. I have had a few flup ups and have been given the sounding slap on the hand along with an added chuckle from her making things a bit more tolerable. It does help when the patrons that visit the centre during the hours I work pop into the office, smile and chat with me a bit, giving me the added incentive to stay focused. It’s a wonderful feeling when those patrons actually say how much they appreciate me and my efforts on making their time at the centre a good one.

Until next time my fellow bloggers….

No comments: