Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Just this and that.....

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day. Mine was a very good one. The weather was wonderful, I spent some time with my kids and it felt good. For some reason I did miss my mom more than I have in many years. It was pointed out that maybe it’s because I have grown and matured over the years and that deep inside myself I was needing and wanting her guidance. My mom was the Queen of “I told you so’s” and growing up I hated when she would say that line to me. Now, being the age I am I would give anything to hear her say that again. In all honesty, if I listen close enough I can almost hear her whispered words, “I told you so!

Now that Spring has really sprung and the buds are starting to explode into tiny leaves everything seems good now. It’s a new beginning; time to shed the old blanket and open up the window of my mind. I’m still writing in my own personal journal and it’s cleared a lot of the haze that’s been covering my thoughts. There’s still a lot that has to be cleared, but it’s getting there. Some of those thoughts have cob webs on them while others are still fairly fresh. Who would have thunk my lil ole mind could hold so much? Someone told me recently that I am classified as a work in progress, so that’s what I am going to think about myself from now on. Not yet complete, but I’m going the distance.

Yesterday I did a little bit of laundry and then got caught up in re-arranging the one spare bedroom. A few things had to be disposed of and other things had to find a new place in the basement. Someone wasn’t happy about that but oh well, they had to pull up their gotchees and act like a big person…lol The chaise sofa lounge has been moved against the one wall allowing other things to be moved away from the window. It looks like a nice inviting room for someone who needs to escape the loud rumblings and snorting of night. It’s amazing what you can find when you’re not even looking for it. I came across some pictures of a few years ago. They were pictures of a weekend trip I took a while back with a friend. I had to smile as memories came back to me. That was a trip I do not regret taking and will never forget. We still talk about how much fun we had and we have talked about doing it again. I guess only time will tell!

Have a wonderful day and remember…

Humor isn't for everyone. It's only for people who want to have fun, enjoy life, and feel alive.” - Anne Wilson Schaef

No comments: