Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Letter O

Todays blog is brought to you by the letter O

O is for O.M.G

Nobody says you must laugh, but a sense of humour can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, and smile through the day” (Ann Landers)



In life everyone one has those OMG moments. Those moments that seem to come out of no where, leaving you speechless. I’ve had my fair share of those moments believe me. There were many times I was put on the spot in all stages of my life. When I was younger I called them “holy shit, you’re kidding me!” moments. Then they became “what the f**k just happened?” moments. Now they are called “OMG” or, depending on the moment “OMFG” moments.

Not to long ago I was placed in a situation where I wanted to scream out “OMG”, but work ethics and dignity over-ruled. It’s rather hard to keep ones wits about them when they are in a room with 3 others being told your behaviour needs to be put in check. With as much grace and dignity as I could gather I swallowed the urge to scream out those much needed alphabetical letters and took it all on the chin. Oh it hurt and it hurt a lot, but over time and some much needed compassion from others I am now able to laugh it off and even made a few jokes about it. That’s not to say I’ll ever forget, but using humour does help to make it through the days. So next time you find yourself in an “OMG” situation, trying thinking about something humorous as you swallow back those letters. It does work!

No comments: