Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Time Keeps On Slipping……….Into The Future

Wow, where do I begin. Well lately I have felt such a huge sense of relief lifted off of me and I have only myself to thank. It took a long time but I finally faced some things that I thought was there but when push came to shove those things were never really there to begin with if that makes any sense? Anyway I am now back into top form and even had a few very unexpected compliments, which by the way makes one feel even better.

I have begun to make plans for things I need and want to do this summer. The top of the list is a trip north. Over the last year or so I have reconnected with a good friend and have spent many hours over the internet chatting, laughing and talking about old times as well as opening up and shedding a few tears along the way. Yes we have certainly had our trials and tribulations and a few wrenches were thrown into the mix causing the friendship to stall and at times even come to a complete halt. Gossip and lies were the main culprits but we managed to work things out, talk about things that were said via gossip and lies as well as the feelings we each had during the past few years. We both admitted being hurt but have moved passed all the lies, betrayals and gossip. I do believe that if a friendship is real it can survive even the rockiest roads down the path of life. Anyway, I really am looking forward to taking the bus north, spending a week with my good friend sitting in the calm of leisure with nothing and no one to worry about but myself.

Work seems to be on an even keel lately and that’s a good thing. I did have to have a very silent chuckle the other day when I had to go for a small training session at the centre. The training went fine and everyone understood what was taught. Although I’m sure (and I’ll only speak for myself in this case) that even though I understood everything, when it comes to actually applying the knowledge that I was taught to a task I’ll not remember a damn thing. The chuckle came after when we were all still in the office and we were chatting with the Supervisor. There is an alcohol rental coming up in the near future and one staff member started to kind of take over by stating point blank who would be working and who would have a chance to work during the next event. I never said a word since I backed away from supervising alcohol events period. Well to make a long story short, one staff member had spoken up saying in a very polite and dignified way that she would appreciate the hours. The “self appointed” staff member told her that no it would be her way and that she would work the next event. I was watching the Supervisors face carefully and noticed an eyebrow rise as this statement. I had to turn away to hide a smile as the Supervisor looked at this “self appointed” staff member and told her point blank that no, she wanted the staff member that needed the hours to work. It really was quite humorous watching this person very quickly back peddle and immediately agree with the Supervisor. Now THAT my dear readers was a classic case of “brown nosing” of the highest degree.

Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won't come in.
~ Alan Alda.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back my friend :)