Sunday, March 20, 2011

I feel good!!!

Yesterday was one of my Saturdays to work and it sure was busy. It was quiet, but busy for sure. With one child’s birthday party in the gym and another child’s birthday party upstairs, I was kept on my toes. The parents of both parties were very nice and cleaned up their festivities leaving things as though nothing had taken place. I was taken by surprise when one of the guests from the upstairs party popped in to say hello. It turns out she had attended the girls program that used to run at the centre. Now this is going way back when my oldest ran that particular program. It sure does feel good when the kids that came to the centre more than 13 yrs ago can remember who you are. There was only one snag as my day started. I arrived to find a message blinking on the phone. It turns out that the IT Service noticed the Network alarm was blinking for the centres location. I was asked to check the connection and to let them know if the network was in fact down, and it was. When I returned their call they told me they would be down shortly. Well I got to work at 12:15, called them back at 12:25 and at 3:30 they finally arrived. It seems there might have been a power outage over night and the modem needed to be reset. Well at least I learned how to reset this particular modem and if it happens again I will know what to do.

If the full moon looked unusually large last night, it was not your imagination. It was the biggest and brightest full moon to be seen in 15 years. The unusual happening of last night was that the perigee (the point in the orbit of the moon when it comes nearest to earth) also coincided with a full moon, which made it appear 14 per cent bigger and some 30 per cent brighter than most full moons this year. The next closest encounter with a full moon this large will not be until November 14, 2016. I was actually surprised my cheap camera was able to half ass catch last lights moon in all its glory.

Super Moon of 2011



Today has started out on a good note. It’s the first day of spring. A coffee arrived as usual along with a friendly good morning and smile and I am in a fantastic mood. It’s amazing how your body reacts when your mind finally comes to terms with certain things.
I hope everyone has an amazing and good week ahead!

No comments: