Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Scritchin my head once again


As the recently famous one liner says…my give a damn is busted. Over the last little while I have felt back stabs from family and friends. Whether it is family/personal or work I have felt the sharpness of the blade slice into me a few times. A few slices have been received through so-called witty banter while other slices have driven straight through. Work for one has left me speechless on more than one occasion; with everyone trying to get their asses into the so called half vacant seat of our 40% retired Supervisor. I have to just shake my head at what lengths people will go to in order to feel they are important. It’s sad in a way how some try to hold the persona of “I know more than you do”, or say off handily that this is the way it should be done when in all actuality they haven’t got a clue as to what needs to be done. I guess it’s true that when ever there is a wee bit of authority needed the piranhas seem to just swarm around. It’s actually funny watching the confusion of everyone who thinks they should be the ones making decisions flounder around like a fish out of water. It is a fact that no one has really been trained in areas that need to be taken care of, but instead of some admitting they really don’t know what to do they take over thinking that they have saved the day. What a sad story this has turned into all because one person wants to retire. I wonder how fast the floundering fish will swim back down to their normal depths in 14 days when the “part time” retired supervisor returns to resume most of her centre duties.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

back in the day, we would say "too many chiefs not enough Indians" but today that would not be politically correct so we just call them control freaks lmao
Stand back and watch the entertainment.