Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy November!!!!

Well after trying like hell to find someone to cover my shift on Sunday I was finally able to. It’s nearly impossible to find anyone to give up their Sunday of relaxing so that I can tend to things in my personal life that need to be taken care of. Thank goodness the need to have someone cover my shift wasn’t an emergency situation. But low and behold a sainted angel said she would. I really do owe her big time. Since Christmas is coming and the lack of hours and money has stretched her far beyond her limit she jumped at the chance. There will certainly be something extra slipped into her Christmas card this yr.

Another Halloween came and went. Since my kids are all grown and so have the neighbourhood kids our street has become very quiet on Halloween night. We had roughly 25-30 tricker treaters this year. It was a few more than last yrs count, but still very quiet compared to our friends street who had reported over 100 kids before the 8:00pm mark. The next morning low and behold I counted 4 Christmas commercials on T.V and that was just during the morning hours.


Yesterday I had the full day and night off and it was so good. I cleaned most of the day so I could just sit back and relax during the evening hours. As it turned out that was a good thing since I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning chatting with a friend online. We hadn’t connected in a long time and it felt so good catching up on what each other had been doing over the past few months. I ended up spending most of today dozing on the couch since I am not used to staying up as late as I did. Now, here I am at work as per my usual Tuesday night shift. It’s one of the longer nights I am here since the last team finishes up at 10pm. By the time the center empties, I lock up and go home it’s usually well past 10:30. I’ll take the dogs out, change into my jammies and sit back with a glass of wine unwinding before I go to bed. I can’t believe how quiet the house is when the other half is working nights and there is no snoring rattling the doors and windows. Even the dogs seem to be resting more comfortably for a change!



This is the last week that our Supervisor will not be sitting behind the office desk when we arrive in the mornings. She comes back next Tuesday from her vacation. Oh joy! I am certainly going to milk every last bit of “unsupervised” time and enjoy it to the fullest.

No comments: