Monday, May 31, 2010

Time to catch up......

Ok so here is another dive into my corner of the world. As everyone has noticed, I’m not like most who blog and post everyday. Number 1 sometimes I just don’t feel like blogging and number 2, sometimes it’s necessary to keep my thoughts inside until I can straighten them out in my mind. Oh don’t be presuming there is something wrong because there isn’t…. I’m just me and that’s how I’m wired! Now, that’s been cleared up hummmm, let me think…what HAS been happening in my corner of this great big world.

Over the May 24th weekend I was hostess to the Out-Laws 55th Anniversary Gathering. There were more than a few tense moments and even a moment or 2 when I honestly contemplated a few rather criminal acts upon some of the Out-Laws, but than thought about Big Bad Bertha. You know the one you always hear about leading the Women’s Prison cell block and I took a time out instead. Damn good thing I had placed a bottle of chilled wine in the workshop out back! It poured buckets, but I was snug as a bug in a rug inside the workshop. I did have to make a showing so as sweet as I am I snuck back inside, did the hostess thing for a bit and then took Bentley outside into the pouring rain to have a wee bit of exercise. All I can say about that weekend is…”thank god it’s over!”

I do have to say though, that because of this Out-Law Gathering it added many steps to my over all total in the Walking Challenge. At the end of week one Doug’s Diva’s were in 12th place out of 23. That’s not too shabby at all. I’m just waiting for the last walker to send me her totals and then I’ll submit the totals of week 2 to the one in charge. Hopefully we will move up on the scale since I’m working my butt off to keep my totals as high as possible. As I said before I have put a challenge upon myself and I am striving to keep up with my own personal wager. It does help that have a dear friend who keeps the encouragement going.

Work is coming to a seasonal end for me and I could not be happier. Yes I do enjoy my job, well at least one aspect of it, but in all honesty I’m starting to feel worn down. The Supervisor has told us that we are due for our evaluations and I’m not really looking forward to that. It doesn’t matter how hard I bust my ass for this place for the programs I never get the evaluation I think I deserve. I can almost recite word for word what it will say, but this year I’m not going to worry or become upset. I’ll smile and sign the paper without batting an eye. The next evaluation will come from a different Supervisor so it will be done fairly. By fair I mean that the new Supervisor (the one that has been recommended for this posting) seems to take an interest in ALL areas of the centre not just how much revenue they can pull in. She is more a people person and will be a welcome addition to the centre.

Speaking of the centre one co-worker in particular had her evaluation and as expected it was not good. In all honesty she has surpassed her time as one who can perform her job in an efficient way. I feel bad for her but on the other hand there needs to be a point when one has to admit to themselves that they have earned the right to enjoy life after work. She has admitted that she will not go quietly so during the next couple of months there may be tension filled hours. Thank goodness my work season will be finished in 2 weeks. Hopefully everything will be settled come September when we return. The Supervisor we have now will be there when we return but will be finished at the end of 2010. She did say she may have to come back a few times a week until everything gets settled with her replacement. Oh goodie goodie…NOT! Oh well…we will survive!!!!

Well I guess I have rambled on enough and it’s time to sit back with my feet up and a glass of wine in hand to watch the last few minutes of the second period of the Hockey game. GO CHICAGO…..

No comments: