Monday, May 10, 2010

Proud to be called a Mother


Mothers Day 2010 turned out to be one of the best so far. Over the course of the last 5 years there has always been some sort of drama in my life putting a damper on this day. This year there was nothing, at least nothing that I couldn’t handle. All 3 of my kids were able to gather in the same place and at the same time to spend time with me and let’s face it, if it wasn’t for the kids I wouldn’t be celebrating this day. It’s hard to image my kids in the same room at the same time without having some sort of spat but (hark…cue the singing angels) it happened! Not only were they in the same place at the same time, they actually joined forces and made my favourite dinner…. lasagna. I had no clue this was happening since I did have to work, but upon arriving home I was pleasantly surprised finding all 3 kids laughing and joking around as they cleaned up while dinner baked in the oven. It felt wonderful coming home, relaxing with a glass of wine just listening to their playful banter. With dinner over it was onto a very calorie-filled desert, a slice of my all time favourite sweet pie was served, Mississippi Mud Pie. This is the type of pie that one can only have maybe once a year since the sugar clings onto ones hips for weeks after. After this dinner and desert I will certainly have to try and wash out the sugar by downing lots of water today! All in all my kids gave me the best Mother’s Day in years. I’m not sure how long their “friendliness” will last but it sure felt good and it was really a proud moment in my little corner of Motherhood. I hope all Mothers across the globe were able to enjoy their special day.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Great you had a great Mother's Day, and wow what a lovely dinner.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture...Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Mother's day! Hugs ♥