Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy Saturday!

What a beautiful day today. The sun is shinning and it’s not as warm as I’d like it to be, but I’m not going to complain. My hours have gone way done so unless there is a new rental that comes in, I won’t be working Saturdays anymore until the fall. I do work the last Saturday of this month and it’s an all day shift, but I can handle that. Yesterday my supervisor asked if I could work the next 3 Wednesday nights for a hockey group and without hesitation I told her I couldn’t. I have to pat myself on the back because I was able to say no. I figure enough is enough and to be honest I think I have worked these tired bones right down and I do need a bit of down time to be able to do what I “want” to do, not what others want me to do. The pay checks will definitely start to suck, but as the old saying goes “ you can’t have your cake and eat it too.”

I really don’t have any plans today and that’s just perfect since I can do what I want when I want and not worry about anything. My house was volunteered to be the host house of an impromptu gathering for the *outlaws* 55th Wedding Anniversary next Saturday, so I guess I will have to make sure the back yard AND the inside of the house is cleaned. Dear God, I am praying the weather will be good so everyone can gather outside. I am not looking forward to the lip curls of the *outlaws” because there is a stray dog hair or cat hair somewhere.
Tonight we are going out for dinner with a group of friends and that’s sure to be a few hours of fun and laughter. It’s weird when you think about it. We all have friends yet there is only a small handful that you feel you can really count on. That’s not to say the other handful are people you can not count on, I just mean that with certain ones I feel included, not just a second thought on their mind. Most times I am the one making phone calls and saying “hey lets go for a coffee, or hey lets get together for a night of fun”. I’ll be honest, it makes me feel wanted and loved when a friend calls ME and says say’s
“ hey lets do this, or go here.” So here’s to tonight. A night of fun and laughter!

Tomorrow I have another full day at work. The Sunday contracts do not end until the end of the month but that’s only 2 weeks away. I’ll then have my whole weekends free! Whatever will I do with my free time? ( that was typed with a huge assed grin on my face).

I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful Saturday (holds up my coffee mug in a toast to everyone) and here’s to a wonderful Sunday to follow!

No comments: