Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just some stuff from my work day

Well another long day is upon me as I sit looking out the office window day dreaming I am back home, snuggled under the blankets without a care in the world. Then reality smacks me up side the head as I get jerked out of my daydream by loud voices and the cracking of wooden hockey sticks being slammed on the floor in the gym. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Mr. Visa snickering at me and whispering “you owe, you own, you have to work you know!” Damn nasty bugger has no compassion for me. (Ok, this is where I am thinking you will feel sorry for me, but reality hits again and I hear those words “suck it up princess”). Any who…..onwards I trod flashing my customer service smile and being the glorious ray of sunshine I truly am!(and don’t even think about commenting on that cause I AM a glorious ray of frigging sunshine so bite me!)

Today is the usual rental groups with the first of four hockey teams already on the floor and a small local Church Congregation beginning to file in. Most who read my blogs knows I am not of the religious faith (damn I really can be politically correct!) and sometimes I find myself in some rather awkward situations with this group. Like this morning for instance. Robert a rather strange fellow asked if he could accompany me to the church service today. Now I know Robert does have his problems, but hells bells …me??? attend the service??? Not a chance in H….err I mean not a chance in Haiti. I gave him my “special” smile and tried to politely decline, but he just stood there with his arm curled thinking I would change my mind, slip my arm through his and we would walk up stairs together. Oh thank god the phone rang and I told him I had to get back to work. He stood there for a brief moment and then said “maybe next Sunday? Please Mother Nature if you pity me at all; please send a blizzard our way for Sunday so the “special” bus can not drop Robert off for Church Service.

Always remember: If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice into a water gun and shoot other people in the eyes.

Until next time my fellow bloggers