Sunday, November 8, 2009

A wonderful ending to a stressful week.

What a beautiful weekend it turned out to be. The sun was shining most of yesterday and to be honest, that gave me the incentive to clean, clean, clean! I had my tunes blaring and the windows open so that the “Halloween” dust and cob webs were able to flow into the warm fall air. I vacuumed and dusted and hells bells, I even washed the dining room floor. I took a quick trip out to Wal-Mart to purchase a few things for the walls of the living room just to change things up a bit. I ended up spending more than I had intended, but oh well, the living room AND the dining room both have a few new possessions to adorn the walls. It felt so good having a day off where it wasn’t windy, rainy or cold. I did get a lot accomplished including the laundry. I took a small break and had a cup of coffee out on the deck and chatted with my neighbour. It gave me such a lift in spirits when he commented on how well I was looking and he had noticed the weight I had lost. This is coming from a man who is battling cancer and undergoing chemo treatments. I’m not one to fish for compliments or put myself in someone’s face in order to be noticed. I refuse to suck up to people so I can feel good about myself, so this compliment meant a lot to me since it was sincere and heartfelt.

Today I’m sitting at work and it looks like we may have a repeat of yesterday’s weather. It’s a short day for me and if the Google weather is right I’ll be done work just as the temperatures begin to warm the cool morning air. I plan on taking a drive out to the country after work to have a quiet visit with nature and then it will be back to the city for a visit to the grocery store. If the weather stays as nice as predicted during the day I might even have a bar-b-que for dinner and then relax with a glass of wine. I hope everyone has had a chance to enjoy the Indian Summer of Autumn 2009!


Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile.
William Cullen Bryant

No comments: