Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Just another day

Today was just a laze around day. I did have plans but due to circumstances beyond my control they had to be postponed. During my day I had a lot of time to reflect on things that have happened in my life over the last year. I’ve experienced new things, put an end to old things, felt and experienced heartbreak and experienced yet another loss in my life. Yes I know, everyone goes through these stages in their lives and I’m not making light of their situations, but there are days when someone else’s pain doesn’t seem as big as mine. Does that make me selfish? I don’t think it does since we all feel different things at different times. I’m the one that has to do the proverbial “pull up my big girl panties and get on with life” so to speak and at times that’s a hard feat to do but somehow I always manage. So, here I am. Cheering with a Banana colada while I get ready to shake my booty doing the single single double!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Your pain is your pain, no matter how minor or big it is, it's your pain and you are experience it your way, it might not be anything big to how others see it, but that doesn't matter, because it's not for them so see it your way. Selfish, no way. I used to have a friend, who used to tell me all the time, what are you complaining about you have such a good life, maybe she was right, maybe not, but what is pain to me, doesn't need to be pain to others and the other way around, so who is to say what's right or wrong, bad or good, big or small, we all experience things our own way...no way around it.

Unknown said...

thank you...I needed that!