Saturday, September 12, 2009

A good day


Bills, bills and more bills. That’s all I seem to concentrate on lately, which in turn has put me into a slight slump. Well enough is enough. At least for me it is. I’m doing it again but this time I caught myself before I got sucked into the black hole of throwing myself a pity party. Today I met a friend for coffee and before I knew it we had talked half the morning away. This past summer I have had to weather a few things on my own and it wasn’t easy. I was beginning to feel the old self pity thing happening to me. You know, the feeling of no one really cares about what I have been going through, because they have their own problems. It’s strange how fast the proverbial wall can start to go back up when you begin to feel you are alone and no one is there for you. I have to admit that I was getting tired of always being the arms that help hold others up. I was tired of being the ears that others used when they needed to talk, or being pushed aside or shut out of people’s lives when they no longer needed to vent. It felt so good when I was asked how I was doing and how I was coping with the loss that I had suffered. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not one to make my feelings known and I try and act like I’m strong and don’t need a shoulder so others won’t feel “obligated” to ask how I am doing. But again, it felt good to know someone actually cared enough to ask questions about “me”.

Anyway, enough of that since I have cancelled my pity party and the “funk” that I was falling into has slipped back into the shadows. Work doesn’t seem as gloomy anymore, even though we will only be working 2 mornings a week. Two mornings a week is better than having no working mornings and the majority of the sports teams are slowly starting back up. We went in this past week to wash up the toys and to get the bulletin boards ready and it actually felt good to be back into the routine of listening to the mumblings of a certain person while we enjoyed our morning coffee. My Supervisor has also begun to be nicer to me and finally includes me in conversations when she makes her dreaded appearances in the room. I’m not sure how long that will last, but I have made a pact with the little voices in my head to not let myself get upset with the complaints and back stabbing that will surely begin soon.

I went to an actual Salon and had my nails done properly. I have been getting the acrylic French Tip nail manicure done and the last few times I have not been happy with their work. The tips seem to break off or chip and they just don’t seem too enthusiastic about their work. This time I made an appointment with a regular Salon to have it done and I am very impressed with the outcome. They were friendly and very helpful and made me feel completely at ease. Yes it cost a bit more money, but it is true, “you get what you pay for” and I am worth the money it takes if it makes me feel good about myself. I went out with a friend and while they were busy doing a few errands in and about the mall, I ran into a co-worker. She bought me a coffee while we both waited for our scheduled appointments and during our coffee we had a really nice talk. We parted ways and I was off to spend the rest of the time with my friend. All in all it was a good day!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Hey you can come to my PITY PARTY...mine is in fulll swing..,and frankly I don't give a damn!

Unknown said...

lol...ok...i'll bring the tequlia!!!!