Friday, August 28, 2009

Where has the time gone?

Damn, it’s hard to believe that the last few days of August are here. In certain ways it feels like this summer has been a long one but than again it seems like we never really had a summer. The weather has absolutely sucked giving us only a few days of the heat and sun shine of summer. The camping trip we had started to plan had to be put on hold, but I’m still hoping that maybe one weekend in September we can make it a reality. Speaking of September, I have almost finished my program planning and to be honest I am looking forward to going back to work. My usual night time and weekend hours will follow shortly after the Labour Day weekend. There will be no more lazy days and weekends for me. I’ll have to try and work out all my brain farts and slip back into the smiling Costumer Service mod that is expected of us being on the front lines of our department. My P.I.C will probably think I have finally lost it, but yes, I’m even looking forward to the usual morning coffee’s, eye rolling and bitch-fests that usually has us pulling our hair out by the roots. I wonder if I would be caught if I snuck a bottle of Baileys Irish Cream into the building and stashed it away for those mornings when our plain coffees need an extra boost??

Saturday morning I will be involved in a Zumba for breast cancer in Burlington. I’m not sure how I’m going to fair with that since its hard enough to do 1 hour of Latin dance exercise let alone 3 full hours. Hopefully there will be many in attendance so that I can get lost in the single single double moves! I’m sure my muscles will be screaming in protest by the end of hour 1. To make matters worse I was dumb enough to promise in writing that I would not miss anymore Zumba classes during the week or I would move my back row place to the front row. Damn those brain farts of mine!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Tina said...

LMAO put on your big girl panties...and we definitely have to learn how to say no....3 hours Zumba...what are we thinking???????>